Individual Needs Assistant
Northease manor school are looking to recruit an Individual Needs Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing school at an exciting time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes
· NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification, or equivalent relevant experience in working with young people.
· Experience of supporting children in a classroom environment, including those with special educational needs
· Excellent written, communication and organisational skills
· The ability to identify the challenges and barriers that many young people experience and to engage in strategies to help them to overcome these barriers.
· An understanding of the challenges facing young people and the desire to help young people overcome these challenges on a day to day basis.
· An ability to work with calmness and empathy when under pressure
· An ability to work within set timescales and under pressure
· Sound knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding (training will be provided)
· Have the flexibility and resilience to deal with the reactive nature of pastoral work on an on-going basis.
· Ability to work effectively with and relate to and earn the trust of young people, families and carers.
· Ability to work effectively with, relate to and earn the trust of teaching staff, senior managements and external agencies.
· An open, honest and active listener driven by an interest to hear young peoples’ voices and stories.
· Proactive approach to supporting to remove barriers to young peoples’ development and progression.
· Committed to continuous professional development of self and others by keeping up to date and sharing knowledge, encouraging new ideas, seeking new opportunities and challenges, open to ideas and developing new skills
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team
· Experience of working within an educational environment.
· Experience of working with children and young people with special educational needs, specifically those with a visual impairment.
· Experience of supporting a child or young person in a 1:1 capacity
· A working knowledge of Engage or the willingness to undertake appropriate training.
· A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word).
Salary & Benefits
Salary £18,628 (pro-rata)
Northease Manor School
Deadline and how to apply
[Add any links to equal opportunities here]